Long time no see, I’d say, but today I’m sharing another recipe with you, that I recently made. Brian and I loved it right away, so I was sure, I had to share it with you guys.
The combination of healthy and nourishing vegetables with the super seed quinoa makes your lunch or dinner a very energizing one and you won’t feel tired or too full after eating it.
The recipe was inspired by one of my favourite blogs named “greenkitchenstories”, but I changed it up a little bit, so I’d say it’s quite original anyway.
I hope you like it! Enjoy!
The recipe serves 2
What you need:
Fot the tomatoes
- 6 big tomatoes
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 100g of feta cheese
- 1 egg (optional)
For the baked veggies
- 1 sweet potatoe
- 2 small parsnips
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 lemon
1. Go ahead and wash your quinoa before you put it into a pot with the double amount of water. Bring it to a boil and cook it until done. I like to add a little bit of vegetable stock to it, as it gives the quinoa a very nice flavour.
2. Whilst cooking your quinoa you can preheat the oven to 170° C.
3. Cut off the tomatoes’ tops, using a knive and spoon the inner part out into a bowl. (You can use this for a salad or sauce another time)
4. In a seperate bowl, mix the feta cheese and egg together. When the quinoa’s done and a bit cooler, you can add it as well and fill up the tomatoes with the mixture. In the end you can put the tomatoe lids back on and set them aside.
5. Now you can cut your sweet potatoe and parsnips into french fries shapes, all equally sized. Put them into a large bowl and add in the olive oil and rosemary. Mix it with your washed hands, so everything is well spreaded.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add on the oiled veggies and in between the stuffed tomatoes. To give it a final twist, you can put on two halves of the garlic bulb and a lemon cut into quarters. It will give everything a very special and rich flavour. I like to take one of the lemon quarters and drizzle the jucie over the veggies.
7. Put the tray in the oven for about 40-45 minutes and you lunch or dinner will taste devine.